Sunday, July 5, 2009

Spindles 'R' Us

I've always admired Queen Ann Victorian houses, with the gingerbread trim and giant front porches, everything painted in contrasting colors.

After spending most of our weekend staining/sealing our new front porch, I now know the truth. People who own houses like that a) hire someone else to do the painting or b) are masochists.

It's been two full days of applying tinted sealer, and we haven't even touched the decking. It will look fabulous when we are finished, but until then, I've decided that I truly hate spindles.

In this pic, you can see the contrast between the finished posts (and spindles!) and the unfinished decking:


Likewise, note the contrast below. Heck, we might leave it like that - it would be educational, right? Please? Someone give me an excuse to be done with this job?

Best part? We get to do it again in 3 years.

No comments: