Monday, August 29, 2011

Blog guilt: I haz it

"Amy..."
"..."
"Aaaamyyyy..."
"...what?"
"AAAAMYYYY!"
"What, who, who are you?"
"I'm the ghost of Blogmas past."

Yup. That's my not-so-witty way of saying I keep thinking of updating the blog. Generally I think of it in the middle of the night, when I'm not sleeping anyway. But since using a lit screen at night isn't recommended for insomniacs, and I'm not my sharpest at 3:00 in the morning, I never seem to make it to post about our house progress. Excuses. I haz those too.

I've been up and around off of crutches for awhile now. I've been able to tend the garden that Mike planted for me this spring. Isn't it gorgeous?

We've had lots of cucumbers and tomatoes, and I've been canning the extra.


With the help, hard work, advice, and company of Mike's dad and my dad, we've finished hanging the drywall for all of the 2nd floor and hallway.


I could take lots of pictures of my beautiful ceilings, but this one showcases the challenges of drywalling an old house:


Other summer projects have included planting lots of flowers and resealing our front porch. It was hard enough to get that thing built - we don't intend to let it rot back off.


So what's next? Walls and a new fence. That's right - new fence!

No comments: