Sunday, March 27, 2011

Now we can start a garage band

Remember our garage door? Since I last wrote about it, we broke a window (and patched it with plywood) and had problems with it. Sometimes it would get stuck up. Sometimes it would get stuck down. Both are bad.

A couple of months ago, the automatic opener finally sh** the bed.
Good riddance! That thing was probably the original garage door opener ever in the entire world. See?


So it was time to order a new one. The door was getting increasingly bad - the bottom was rotting out, and it weighed ten million pounds (my estimate). So we went for it - new opener and new door.

The new door is awesome. The picture here doesn't do it justice because I didn't feel like moving the cars. But you get the idea.


Even better? We got a keypad for the opener.


That means when I'm out in the garden, and I need a shovel, I don't have to track down the single garage door opener that we formerly owned. I can use the keypad, or the car's opener, or the truck's opener, or the keychain opener we keep in the house. Options!

Here's the new opener for anyone who wants to house geek out with me:


And well, it's a damn good thing we got the garage all spiffy and ready to go. Because two days after the door was installed, the drywall for the second floor was delivered.



If I remember correctly, you're looking at 55 sheets of 4 x 9', 1/2" wall board, and 25 sheets of 4 x 8', 5/8" sheets for the ceilings. Plus some sound insulation and a box of contractor bags.

Who wants to help carry it? Anyone?

No comments: